The Reporter, Lansdale, PA – Duo bringing Guinness World Record attempt to Lansdale Bike Night
Jersey Journal, Jersey City, NJ – Jersey City is a stop for Guinness World Record try for longest journey on scooters
United Press International – Men attempting to ride to 48 states on motor scooters
The Hartford Courant, Hartford, CT – Scooter team aims for world record as they pass through Hartford on cross-country journey at 30 miles per hour
The Call, Woonsocket, RI – Scooter riders on 9,000 mile tour make stop in Woonsocket
The Medford Telegraph, Medford, MA – Scooter riders pass through Medford as part of world record journey
Sun Journal, Lewiston, ME – Seeds of Peace alumni hope to set world record on trip across country
Channel 4 News, Buffalo, NY – Two people trying to break world record for longest distance traveled on motor scooters pass through WNY
Channel Jet24 News, Erie, PA – Two friends stop in Erie on motorbikes on their second attempt at a World Record
Spectrum News, WI – Guinness Record Moped Hopefuls Tour Kenosha
Kenosha News, Kenosha, WI – Riders attempt to break world record, but human connections are the real goal
BikeIt Magazine, Greece – 14,500 χιλιόμετρα με σκούτερ 50 cc για ένα παγκόσμιο ρεκόρ
Ride Apart Magazine – Two Guys Attempt World Distance Record On 50cc Scooters
NBC 4 Sioux City, IA – Duo attempts to break Guinness World Record, share stories of their journey across America
Fox 44 news Sioux City, IA Scootin’ along, duo strives to break longest motor scooter ride for Guinness World Records
Capital Journal, Pierre, SD – World record attempt scoots through the cultures of South Dakota
October 2018: “Youth Journalism International” – connects student writers, artists and photographers with peers around the globe, teaches journalism, fosters cross-cultural understanding, and promotes and defends a free youth press.
September 2018: “Gorham Times” – Local news outlet with very strong reputation in Gorham, Maine. They covered the #WheelingfortheWorld Guinness World Record attempt.
August 2018: “News Center Maine” – Maine’s premier TV news network, covered the “Wheeling for the World” World Record attempt.
August 2018: “Razor Scooters” – Razor Scooters both sponsored our Guinness World Record attempt and covered it on their blog.
August 2018: “Seeds of Peace” – An NGO empowering young leaders from global conflict regions and our partner organization for this World Record attempt.
Below you can view press coverage that has been attained over the years for various expeditions, achievements, and notable events…including the #MiniMotoRecord Guinness World Record Attempt
2017 Press Pieces
July 2017: Washington Jewish News, USA
- Reporter Hannah Monicken covering Belik and his New Story Leadership colleagues personal stories as young leaders working towards feasible change in Isreal-Palestine.
April 2017: “Frettabladid”, Icelands most read newspaper covered the #ScootingRecord World Record attempt.
April 2017: “Morgunbladid” In this article, the news paper “Morgunblaðið” is covering our upcoming Guinness World Record, #ScootingRecord.
April 2017: “Morgunútvarpið Rás 2” is a popular radio show that covered the upcoming Guinness World Attempt, #ScootingRecord.
January 2017: The City of Middletown Ohio published an article on their website about the Successful World Record Attempt.
2016 Press Pieces
October 2016: The Parliament of World Religions, USA
- Keynote speaker Belik, delivers speech about the inspirational Jerusalem Peace Team made up of Israelis and Palestinians who played together at the European Championships for a common goal; victory in one of the world’s most dangerous ball games – Australian Rules Football
October 2016: The Times Of Israel, Israel
- Hannah Fink covers the the European Championship’s inaugural appearance of the Peace Team which Belik founded and managed.
September 2016: Ha’aretz news, Israel
- Belik organized the 1st Australian Rules “Jolson Cup” in Tel Aviv, Israel in honor of Peace Team manager, Henry Jolson. The Peace Team were praised by Australian ambassador, Dave Sharma before heading off to European Championship in Croatia.
September 2016: The “Ruidoso News” covered our story as were in the final day of the Guinness World Record Attempt.
September 2016: The “Roswell Daily Record”, the paper of Roswell New Mexico covered our story as we rode through the city of Roswell during our Record Attempt.
September 2016: The “Salina Journal”, a local newspaper, covered our story as we went through Salina on our way to Roswell.
August 2016: The news paper “DV” interviewed Sigga about the Guinness Record Attempt :
August 2016: “RÚV” The Icelandic National Broadcasting Service covered the record attempt:
August 2016: In this article, the news paper “Morgunblaðið” is covering the Guinness World Record attempt which took place on September 5th 2016 .
August 2016: “Morgunblaðið”, Iceland’s most widely read and respected daily newspaper
- In this article, “Morgunblaðið” is covering the Guinness World Record attempt which will take place on September 5th 2016.
July 2016: “DV” Icelandic news paper interview about the motorcycle expedition and Guinness World Record plans:
May 2016: “Séð og heyrt”, Icelandic Magazine is covering our first expedition, mentioning the World Record attempt:
May 2016: “Morgunútvarpið – RÁS 2” Morning Radio Show on RÁS2, The Icelandic National Broadcasting Service Interviewed Sigga about the motorcycle expedition:
May 2016: “Cycle News”, Americas Motorcycle News Source
- Cycle News covered the ‘Mile for Peace’ motorcycle adventure.
May 2016: Various Icelandic national Newspapers and Lifestyle Magazines covered ‘Miles for Peace’. For those of you who do understand Icelandic, click this link (http://globalmikereid.com/miles-for-peace/) to get the run-down.
- “Morgunblaðið”, Iceland’s most widely read and respected daily newspaper, covered the ‘Miles for Peace” motorcycle adventure, which was a 7500 mile motorcycle trip across America with the goal of raiding funds for a Non Profit called Seeds for Peace.
- “Séð og Heyrt”, Iceland’s weekly Lifestyle magazine, covered the ‘Miles for Peace” motorcycle adventure.
- “DV”, Iceland’s News/Lifestyle magazine covered the ‘Miles for Peace” motorcycle adventure.
April 2016: Pacific Standard, USA
- Reporter JACQUELINE KANTOR reports on the change that Belik instilled in tension ridden, Jerusalem as he uses Australian Football to create an equal playing field for Palestinians and Israelis.
2015 Press Pieces
October 2015: YNET, Isreal (Hebrew)
- After establishing the 1st ever Australian Football team in the Middle East, Belik and his teammates are interviewed days before departing to European Championships in Croatia
July 2015: Countryman Microphones ‘Case Study’ Press Release
- Countryman was a sponsor of the 1000K to Tokyo expedition. As part of the post expedition media announcements, Countryman published a ‘case study’ of how I used the B3 Lav microphone on the expedition.
2014 Press Pieces
September 2014: KRY News Network 2nd Feature Piece, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan
- Similar to the first feature piece in May 2014, this piece also covered the advocacy work that Life Recycled does with the local community.
July 2014: MBC, KNN, and Kookie Shinmun Coverage (Busan, South Korea)
- Upon arrival in Busan, South Korea and officially completing the first kayaking expedition between Japan and South Korea, we were covered by three two local news networks (KNN and Kookie Shinmum) and a national network (MBC).
June 2014: NHK National News Network Feature Piece, Tokyo, Japan
- Mike Reid and Kouji Hara are featured on Japans National News Network for their attempt at the first sea kayak crossing from Japan to South Korea.
June 2014: Various Newspapers covering the Japan to Korea kayaking expedition
- Yuya City Newspaper
- The Daily New Shunan
- Mianichi Newspaper
- Iki Island Newspaper
- Asahi Newspaper
May 2014: KRY News Network Feature Piece, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan
- Featuring Life Recycled, the organization which Mike Reid was the founding member of, doing work to clean the East Asian Sea between Japan and Korea.
2013 Press Pieces
August 2013: NHK National News Network Feature Piece, Tokyo, Japan
- Featuring Mike Reid, the founder of Life Recycled, an organization dedicated to addressing the issue of beach trash and pollution in the East Asian Sea, is interviewed for this use or “Found Object Art” as part of the Life Recycled awareness projects in the local community.
2012 Press Pieces
September 2011: USAFL, USA
- The United States Australian Football League covered the introduction of Australian Football to Seeds of Peace Camp which they both were employed as counselors representing Israel and Palestine.
2011 Press Pieces
September 2011: Wall Street Journal, USA
- Featuring Belik, reporter David Winning covers the Peace Team’s participation in their 2nd International Cup in Australia.
2009 Press Pieces
December 2009: The Australian Jewish News, Melbourne, Australia
- Belik was invited to Australia to deliver a talk at the Parliament of World Religions about his experience playing side-by-side Palestinians in the Australian Football International Cup of 2008.
June 2009: THE AGE, Australia
- Belik stars in Tackling Peace, a documentary film about the Peace Team, an Israeli-Palestinian Australian Football team, competing in the International Cup held in Melbourne Australia.